Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mommy, I want a cupcake!


Tonight, around 7 p.m., we were just finishing up homework and starting on supper, when Agustin saw some cupcakes in a magazine. He almost never asks for special treats, and isn't much of a sweet tooth, if you don't count donuts and an occasional piece of chocolate, and I suppose because he is also spoiled*, I decided to do a Martha Stewart and whip up some cupcakes. Easier said than done, as the batch was for 4-5 dozen and I only have a 6-cupcake tin. I am still here, making cupcakes, and he is long in bed. But he did get his cupcake before bed, and all was good in the world.

(He said to me, as he cleaned up his plate, "Thank you, Mommy, for making me cupcakes so late." Sometimes I can't believe that kid, he is so sweet and thoughtful!)

* I really should stress the part about how he almost never asks me for a special treat like this, whereas little brother is constantly asking, throughout the day: "Mommy, I want brownies!". Or, "Mommy, make me a chocolate cake!". Or, "Mommy, I want a sucker!". This goes on about every 15 minutes, and wouldn't be so bad except that by the time you make or go out and buy whatever it was he wanted, it has suddenly changed and something new is on the menu. Which now results in a lot of "no's" from this poor, tired Mommy!

ETA: Thanks, FB. While I was catching up on everyone's FB lives, my last batch of cupcakes burned... :(

1 comment:

Amy Elizabeth said...

I want a cupcake!