Saturday, May 08, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Today the kids had a big Mother's Day program planned for their school, so of course, Nicolas thought it was Mother's Day today, and would hear nothing else. So instead of fighting against him all day, we just went along with it.


Nicolas was a mariachi and Agustin a Zuleta indian from the north of Ecuador. My mother-in-law helped me find the costumes this week since I was in Ambato and couldn't do it. (And if we left it to Daddy, he would probably have wrapped some paper colored with a black magic marker around Nicolas and a white sheet around Agustin and called it done. He isn't into the details too much, needless to say!)

It took some convincing, but eventually Nicolas let me put a mustache on him.


The mariachis were the hit of the program. They gave all the mothers a serenade, and did a great job. I think I can see Nicolas doing this for a living some day. He really got into the guitar. And you'll notice that we had to get a "real" guitar after all. The paper one Daddy made didn't make it through rehearsals.


Nicolas did not forget to brown nose his mother all day. I got more hugs and kisses than any of the other mothers in the crowd, that I can be sure of!


After sitting for over 2 hours, it was finally Agustin's turn. He was a bit sleepy after sitting in the hot sun for so long, but a big stretch and yawn should do the trick.



Afterwards, Agucho posed with David, his best friend.


After the program we had lunch at TGI Friday's. The kids absolutely LOVE this place, and even ordered the Oreo Madness dessert - and ate it all (mom and dad had a hard time trying to sneak in a bite or two!)


3 comments:

Jennie said...

Yes!!! I can totally picture lil Nico as a mariachi! I think you're right about that one :) haha-- Those costumes are soooooo adorable on the boys. I need some of those pictures!!!!! Makes me miss them, SO much :/

Amy Elizabeth said...

LOVE THIS POST!!!!
These pictures are great and make tears come to my eyes.

Amy Elizabeth said...

CUTEST blond mariachi in the whole country!